One way vision film is printed using a UV, Latex or eco solvent print process. This revolutionary honeycomb window graphic allows you to have a full colour print applied to the exterior of the window whilst still letting you see out from the inside.
Ideal for use on offices, buildings, cars and buses. Transform any window space into a large advertising area, without losing the ability to see outside.
One Way Vision Film
5 Stars - Based on 24 User Reviews
Banner World Guide to One Way Vision Film Window Graphics Installation
1. CLEAN THE GLASS! It is vital that the glass is absolutely clean before fitting a graphic. The glass must be cleaned and de-greased. Use detergent or any solvent based cleaner that does not contain silicone or oil additives. Use a plain, non coloured, paper towel or lint free cloth for the final polish.
2. Turn the graphic over and place on a flat surface. From the top edge, peel back about 25-30mm of the backing paper or film and crease it, then return the backing film to the original position. This preparation will aid positioning and fitting. Avoid touching the adhesive with your fingers.
3. Offer the graphic up to the fitting position and hinge the top edge with 2”masking tape – half on the glass and half on the graphic. Check the alignment and when you are satisfied that all is correct, lift the graphic and peel away about 25-30mm of the release paper or film from the back. Let the graphic fall into position without the adhesive taking a strong hold and recheck positioning. The folded backing will help keep the adhesive off the glass. Tack the top edge, ensuring that it goes down flat and true. Next, peel away about 6”/100mm of backing film. Start at the top centre and wipe downwards and outwards using a flat felt squeegee blade. Peel away another 6”/100mm of backing film and continue with overlapping strokes downwards and outwards until finished. Be aware that perforated film is very flimsy and easy to crease, so treat it gently. It is almost impossible to get trapped air bubbles with perforated film! Gently remove the masking tape. Pull it across the film at an acute angle, not at 90 degrees.
4. The above describes a dry application suitable for perforated films, For solid films a wet application is recommended. This involves spraying a film of fine water droplets or application fluid, such as Rapid Tac, from a plant sprayer on the glass after the graphic is positioned but before applying the adhesive. The droplets hold the adhesive off the glass until pressure is applied. This method ensures good adhesion and minimises air bubbles being trapped under the film. Any bubbles can be pricked using a scalpel or needle and then wiped down. For pvc static cling films, use the above method for application. Before removing the backing paper, wet thoroughly with water to soften the paper, so that it may be removed without lifting the film off as well. Pull it across the film at an acute angle, not at 90 degrees.
5. Ambient temperature range, for fitting, is recommended to be 15C-25C. Most adhesives work better and form a stronger bond when warm. If working in cold conditions below 10C, the gentle use of a hot air gun (or hairdryer) on the film, as it is applied, is recommended. If the film or glass is particularly cold, the adhesive will be slow to tack and the film will be more brittle and require more careful handing. Avoid application in direct summer sunlight as the film can become very soft and difficult to handle and the adhesive very tacky with a tendency to “grab” on contact. All adhesives will “cure” over a period of 6-24 hours until full adhesion has been obtained. Avoid washing or otherwise disturbing the graphic for a 24-48 hour period if possible.
6. Remember, the adhesive for any film graphic will only stick properly if the surface is clean and the film is applied correctly.
7. Removal of window graphics will be greatly eased by the use of a hot air gun or hairdryer to soften the adhesive as you peel it away from the glass.
For more information or advice on fitting window graphics call John or Craig on 01253 897 840 or use the contact form to tell us your requirements. We can suggest the most appropriate solution for your display needs.
FILE FORMATS WE ACCEPT
PDF, Jpeg, PSD, eps (CS 6 or earlier) Ai, (CS 6 or earlier)
We only accept files converted to CMYK.
We accept files at
Actual size or
1:2 scale (50% actual size)
1:5 scale (20% actual Size)
1:10 scale (10% actual size)
1:20 scale (5% actual size)
The ideal DPI is 125dpi if possible. At 125dpi this can make very large graphics huge in memory size, so on larger graphics i.e. 5m x 2.5m you can go down as low as 50dpi. As a rule the larger the graphic the greater the viewing distance hence the lower the dpi can be.
Small / medium sized graphics 125 PPI (DPI)
Large sized graphics 50-100PPI (DPI)
FONTS / TYPE
Please make sure that all text is created to outlines / curves before uploading. Even on PDF files make sure you create outlines before saving.
No Thanks, No bleed is required on your artwork.
Please leave a clear area of 50mm to allow for eyelets. (Please ensure that all text / logos / critical information is more than 50mm from the edge of your artwork) Background colours and images are fine going into the clear areas.
When ordering make sure you select the finished overall size of your banner including the pockets. So if you select a 1m wide x 2m height, then we will manufacture the banner to a total the height of 2m including the pockets.
(clear areas on pole pockets)
Please make sure that you leave a clear area for your pockets. The term ‘clear area’ means no items of text or logos to run into these areas. Background colours or hackgrtoudn images are fine, just no readable text or logos. So if you are ordering a 1m wide x2m height banner with pole pockets top and bottom, then please keep the bottom 150mm free and the top 150mm free from text and logos. This will make the overall visual area 1m wide x 1.7m height.
Double sided banners
We have special software which flips certain parts of your banners so as to create a seamless pocket on the opposite side. When ordering a double sided banner please just follow the above steps, as the file(s) will need to be set up in the same way. If you require a different image on each side of your double sided banner not a problem, just upload x2 files stating that you require a different image on each side.
We can match pantones if required at an additional charge (please contact us before proceeding) as this is costed per job. We cannot guarantee an exact match on colours due to limitations of the CMYK print process but will try to achieve as close as physically possible.
There are no currently no FAQ's for this item.